- Functional ability
St. George Banking Group
With the introduction of MoneyMeter, St. George Banking Group was the first bank in Australia to provide customers with the ability to view an account balance without the need to log on to mobile banking. MoneyMeter, which is currently available on both IOS and Android Platforms, has accumulated almost 50,000 registered users in less than 5 months and 750,000 balance enquiries in April 2013 (12% of all mobile interactions in less than 5 months). St. George achieved success through taking an iterative approach to customer research, observation & social media feedback and applying these results. MoneyMeter is simple and easy to use and is built to help customers better manage and stay in control of their finances.
A great new feature within the St.George Banking App, MoneyMeter is a fast and convenient way to check and track your available balance at any time.
With a simple swipe from the home page, MoneyMeter will tell you how much, or how little, you have available to spend without the need to log on to mobile banking.
With MoneyMeter you can:
- see at a glance how much money you have to spend
- choose to hide or show your available balance
- add or remove your accounts to be viewed within MoneyMeter
- modify the meter settings
- change the style of meter
How to set up MoneyMeter?
- Swipe left to right from the homepage (iPhone) or tap the icon (Android)
- Read and accept the terms & conditions
- Login to Mobile Banking (to authenticate)
- Select which accounts you wish to view. (You can view up to two savings, transaction or credit card accounts)
- Enter your minimum & maximum gauge levels (ie $0 & $1,000 or use your credit card limit)
- Choose your preferred gauge design to view your balance on screen
How to set up MoneyMeter on Sony SmartWatch 2
Setting up your Sony SmartWatch 2 with MoneyMeter is easy:
If your SmartWatch 2 is setup with the Smart Connect app, a pop-up box will appear. Tap “Yes” to take you to the MoneyMeter SmartWatch Setup screen and follow the instructions.
Click on the banner on the home screen of the St.George Android Mobile Banking app. This will take you to the MoneyMeter SmartWatch Setup screen and simply follow the instructions.
If you set up MoneyMeter, your available balance will be viewable by anyone who has access to your mobile phone (including if you lend it to someone else or it is lost or stolen).