- Functional ability
1-Stop Connections’ Container Control is web-based and allows transport companies to work with shipping lines to reuse empty import containers as export containers, eliminating unnecessary truck trips to empty container parks. This reusability provides huge cost savings across the entire supply chain, reduces traffic congestion and carbon emissions and improves the efficiency of shipping and road transport companies.
Container Control allows B2B communication. This integrated approach means that participants can talk directly with Container Control from their software without having to log in to the website. This also opens up possibilities for third party software vendors to create their own innovative software to plug into Container Control directly.
"What is Container Control?"
1-Stop’s Container Control allows shipping lines and road carriers (and any other party) to reduce the costs of handling containers through the following features:
- Triangulation - reuse empty import containers for existing export bookings
- Virtual Container Park (VCP) - also known as “staging”, you can request to hold on to MT import containers and store them for future exports
- Redirection - you can request to return MT import containers to a different depot than already specified
"Which lines are onboard?"
Hamburg Sud, Maersk and now PAE/PIL.
We are currently working with the following: Hapag-Lloyd, MSC, ANL, Cosco Five Star, Yang Ming and others.
"What are the benefits?"
Reduced costs, time savings and less hassles for you. Watch our video to find out more:
"How do I register?"
Registering for Container Control is quick and easy, just follow the below instructions:
1. If you are an existing customer of 1-Stop, you can log into your account and add the Container Control service. Simply login to the 1-Stop website, click on "My Account", then "Add a service" and follow the prompts. We will then be in touch once we have activated the service for you.
Note: if you have the VBS, you have already been given access. Simply login to the 1-Stop website, click "Launch" then "Container Control" and you're in!
2. If you are completely new to 1-Stop, please click here to register.